Are you a musician who would like to know more about how to play for social dance? Join TADAMS for a workshop taught by Janet Muse (Piano) and Mike Dunn (fiddle) of Charlottesville.
What you Need to Know
- Moderate comfort level with your instrument, i.e. can play a melody line or chords. Ability to read music is helpful but not necessary.
- No experience playing for dance necessary.
- No age requirements.
- Bring your instrument(s); we welcome a broad variety, not just the “contra dance usuals.”
- Janet & Mike will play the contra dance at West End Ballroom that evening, 7:30-10:30 p.m.
What to Expect
- Discussion of specific music needs to support a lively dance. Examples will be played for each concept. Notes will be distributed.
- Play some tunes and medleys toegether.
RSVP and More Information
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org (or to request additional information)